The disadvantages of conventional 2-dimensional x-rays for accurate periodontal assessment is avoided by 3-dimensional and cross-sectional analyses helping to avoid surprises often encountered during periodontal surgery.
- Analyze periodontal bone defects on all sides of every tooth.
- Assess the extent of every furcation involvement.
- Track the progression of advancing periodontal bone loss.
- Treatment plan dental implants by evaluating bone parameters such as bone width, depth, and density.
- Visualize vital structures such as the maxillary sinus, mental foramen and mandibular nerve prior to periodontal or implant surgeries.